What's new

Question about my shiva (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Chan

Agent
I have a 3.9^3 ft box and I've just received my Shiva and a 4" port. I always see people saying that they tuned their port at 18Hz or 16Hz, etc, how do you do that? And my port is like 15" long(not counting the flare parts), should I cut it shorter? How much room should the port have inside the sub away from the inner wall?

Cam S

Screenwriter
Leave the port the full length and you should get a tune of around 20-21hz, maybe a little less.

Andrew_Chan

Agent
Thanks, Cam S, I reread the whitepaper many times and I didn't see too much about it.. ok. I'll leave the port at full length. So, how much space away from the inner wall does the port need? I don't see that described in the whitepaper as well.

James Slade

Second Unit
The loud speaker design cookbook suggests that the inner end of the port should have a three inch space between it and a cabinet wall that is perpendicular to the port, in otherwards blocking the end of the port.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Andrew, I asked the same questions as you in my last thread before I built my sub http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=62905, so check it out, it may answer some of your questions you havn't asked already.
As for the distance from the end of the port to the inner wall, it should atleast be equal to the width of the port. So if you have a 4" ID port (like the FP4 kit) then make sure you have about 4" from the port to the inner wall. When I built mine I used the FP4 kit and left roughly 4", and it turned out great, check it out.
Link Removed

Andrew_Chan

Agent
I've received my 250w amp from partsexpress.com. I ordered back when they have that $99 deal. They forgot to process my order and I sent them an email. They apologized and gave me free shipping. When I received it today, I am so surprised that they shipped me the one w/ remote. $99 shipped, so sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks