What's new

Question about my HK 320 (1 Viewer)

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
When it's been on for about 20 minutes and is starting to heat up, it starts to make an annoying humming or buzzing sound. Does anyone know what it is and if it's possible to fix? I know there are already a zillion topics on the whole humming issue, but it would take forever to read and most of them are to do with amps anyway. Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I have this receiver. I have not heard any humming or buzzing.

I have a 6 inch fan concealed behind the cabinet that blows all the hot air out of it's enclosed space. There are about 8 inches above it and 4 inches on the sides. It actually is nice and breezy in there, never hot.

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
Do you think heat could be the cause of it? I have about 6 inches above the receiver, but not very much on the sides, but there's no ventilation there anyway. I'm sure I have everything connected properly.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I have a 510 in a cabinet open front and back but with only 1 1/2" of top clearance. I have had no heat issues either. It may well be a particular piece of the fascia or chassis is vibrating under heat expansion. Have you run it in an exposed space so you can 'close ear' test it all around?

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
No, but I spoke to my brother who got it for me from his work and apparently alot of 320's have been coming back because of this buzzing. How distressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks