What's new

Question About Muting on my Wega KV32FS16 (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
One of the things I liked on my old 19" Panasonic was that when I took a phone call and muted the volume, it would automatically close caption the picture so I could still see what was being spoken on screen. I've looked everywhere in my Sony owner's manual. Am I correct in assuming that this is a feature I do not have on my Wega?

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I have almost the same model TV as you do, mines the 32FS13 and I wondered the same thing. It doesnt appear that it can do that.
I have a 27 inch Zenith TV that can do that, but the Sony doesntr appear to do that. Even worse, there isnt even a CC button on the remote, you need to go into the Menu, then to the Setup section to turn it on and off. Rather inconvenient, but it appears to be the only way to do it.
If you come up with a way to do it, please, let us know.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
On many Sony sets once you set the type of CC in the menu the 'display' button on the remote will cycle through to turn it on and off. Four button pushes to mute and turn on CC is a bit much but a remote that does macros might do it painlessly. One to mute and turn CC on, another to turn it off and un-mute.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks