Question about mailing letter from US to Canada..

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Vincent_S, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I am buying something from someone in Canada(I am in the US). It would just be a regular envelope with a money order in it. Will the regular postage stamp get it there or is there something else I need to do? As you can tell I have never mailed anything to Canada before. Thanks.

2. Bill MacAdoo

Bill MacAdoo Stunt Coordinator

US Postage will be fine, but it does cost more to mail to Canada. I don't know the exact rate, though...

Edit: 60 cents for a one ounce letter to Canada.

3. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Two U.S. stamps should adequately cover the postage for a regular letter to Canada.

4. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

While we're on the subject of mail to another country, don't use those interum rate change stamps that have no cent value on them. Those are for domestic use only.
    Never cover the stamps with tape, that voids them. And always leave a nice gift for the mailperson. [​IMG]

5. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Vincent,

Make sure you get the International Money Order instead of the domestic one. I think the cost is $2.75 vs. $0.90 and the color is pink rather than green.

6. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

Also, make sure you write the words "anthrax spores" in big, bold lettering on the outside of the envelope. [​IMG]

7. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

Thanks for your responces everyone! I did get an International money order(I didn't know there was a difference until today) my bank charged $1 for it. It did end up being .60 to mail it. Paul_Sjordal, maybe next time LOL![​IMG]