What's new

Question about mailing letter from US to Canada.. (1 Viewer)

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I am buying something from someone in Canada(I am in the US). It would just be a regular envelope with a money order in it. Will the regular postage stamp get it there or is there something else I need to do? As you can tell I have never mailed anything to Canada before. Thanks.

Bill MacAdoo

Stunt Coordinator
US Postage will be fine, but it does cost more to mail to Canada. I don't know the exact rate, though...

Edit: 60 cents for a one ounce letter to Canada.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
While we're on the subject of mail to another country, don't use those interum rate change stamps that have no cent value on them. Those are for domestic use only.
Never cover the stamps with tape, that voids them. And always leave a nice gift for the mailperson. :)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Vincent,

Make sure you get the International Money Order instead of the domestic one. I think the cost is $2.75 vs. $0.90 and the color is pink rather than green.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Also, make sure you write the words "anthrax spores" in big, bold lettering on the outside of the envelope. :D

Vincent_S

Second Unit
Thanks for your responces everyone! I did get an International money order(I didn't know there was a difference until today) my bank charged $1 for it. It did end up being .60 to mail it. Paul_Sjordal, maybe next time LOL!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks