Question about "Legally Blonde" release!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Torrez, Aug 29, 2001.

1. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

Here's the press release from dvdfile:
    quote: 'Blonde' Bombshell (08.29.01 - 12:02am)
    Just announced from MGM is the hit comedy Legally Blonde, due on 11/6. This looks to be another sweet MGM special edition, complete with 2.35.1 anamorphic widescreen and full screen transfers, English, French and Spanish 5.1 surround and subtitle tracks, two audio commentaries with director Robert Luketic, Reese Witherspoon and the crew, deleted scenes with director introductions, the "Inside Legally Blonde" and "The Hair That Ate Hollywood" featurettes, the Hoku music video "Perfect Day," and the theatrical trailer. Retail is $26.95.[/quote]
    My question is, will it be able to fit on a dual-layered disc without compromising audio and video quality?
    ------------------
    "They're all gonna laugh at you!"
    [Edited last by John Torrez on August 29, 2001 at 04:58 PM]

2. Mike_Skill

Mike_Skill Stunt Coordinator

"Legally Blonde" will be a DVD 14. Dual layer on one side (9), and a single layer on the flip(5).
    -M

3. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

Thanks!
    ------------------
    "They're all gonna laugh at you!"

4. Christopher Carr

Christopher Carr Stunt Coordinator

so will the special features be on the single side? Because well, the dual layer on one side must have the audio commentaries and both full frame and widescreen because both sides would have to be dual if they included all the same stuff with different transfers on both sides.
    Personally I don't get it, many movies before had been able to fit all these kinds of features on one disc and yet they had stunning video quality...now if there were a DTS track then i could understand...
    ------------------
    "I don't want to kiss you here...I want to kiss you- there."
    "You can put it anywhere"
    "Kathryn, the only thing you are going to be riding is me!"