Question about JBL N24II (all-weather) speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Alexander-G, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Alexander-G

Alexander-G Agent

I have a year-old JBL NSP N24 speaker set and am about to move into a new apartment. For aesthetic reasons, I would like to have the two back/surround speakers be white instead of the black ones I currently have. I have two quick questions about this and would appreciate if someone in the know could answer:

1. Am I correct to assume that I will be fine if buy a pair of the N24II all-weather speakers which come in white? Speicifically, am I right that the series 2 speakers will match my previous generation n24 speaker set and that the all weather aspect of the white speakers makes no difference?

2. I see that the speakers come with wall brackets. If I mount the speakers on the wall right behind the couch, will those brackets let me swivel the speakers inward so that they are pointing towards each other rather than away to the opposite wall? (which is what I'm supposed to do, right?)

Many thanks in advance.

2. Greg-ST

Greg-ST Stunt Coordinator

1. You should be fine. The N*II series should be sonically identical to the original N* series. The special enclosure of the N24AWII is made for it to be waterproof. It still should sound the same as the N24II.

2. Yes, the brackets have swivel balls which will allow you to angle them how you see fit.

[​IMG]

3. Alexander-G

Alexander-G Agent

Terrific. That is the full response I was hoping for. I love this site. Every time I've had a question I've been able to find an existing answer or someone has replied to my post. If weren't for this site, I'm sure I'd be stuck having wasted three times as much money on some Bose system that was three times worse, instead of the great little JBL set I have now.

Thanks![​IMG]