Question about ISF'ing and my DVD player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_W, May 10, 2002.

1. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

There is a possibility that I will be getting my TV ISF'd. The dvd player that I have isn't the one I will have for a whole lot longer. What impact does changing the DVD player *after* the ISF have on the picture? Will the greyscale be off if I change out the player afterwards?

Also, the player I have isn't progressive. Since I plan to have a prog scan, should I have it at the time of ISF?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

There are difference between players ... probably up to 500K difference.

There are bigger differences between 480i and 480p in terms of brightness/ colour/tint/etc ...

Best to just wait ... unless the guy is willing to come back and touch it up for free or a modest fee.

Regards

3. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I don't use a DVD player at all since my Sencore pattern generator handles all resolutions. As Michael said, there can be differences between DVD players, so althought the Sencore would be more accurate, it may not perfectly match the output of your DVD player.

Since you'll probably go through a few DVD players and other input devices over the life of your TV though, I don't see this as a problem.