What's new

Question about in wall speakers. (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Nye

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan N
Hi, so I am very new to home audio, and I have been looking at in-wall speakers for left center and right because I don’t have room for towers. Almost all that I have seen have either one 8” woofer or dual 6” woofers. Just wondering if 10” or dual 8” in wall speakers would potentially be a better option, and if so is there a company that makes them? From what I’ve been able to learn so far, everyone seems to agree that bigger speakers sound better, so I was surprised that I wasn’t able to find in wall speakers larger than 8”. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Exactly. In-wall speakers have severe limitations that are inherent to the fact they go into walls. Cabinet volume is a critical aspect of speakers, and in-wall models are severely limited by how much internal volume they can have, which limits how large the drivers can be. You can’t just put large drivers in a speaker without sufficient cabinet volume that can’t be found inside a wall.

Docreid

Auditioning
Real Name
Reid Hartson
Definitive Technology has dual woofer option w passive radiators built in...listed FR down to 24Hz...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks