What's new

Question about HTR-5760 set-up (1 Viewer)

AribaaD

Auditioning
I purchased the HTR-5760 in Jan but only recently set it up. ( for now I have the DVD player connected through composite as the sound source)

On testing it out the only way I was able to get all 5 speakers to work was in the Stereo mode 7.1. I tried the other pre-defined modes 'Night', 'DTS' etc... and in all of these only the front speakers provide the output and in some may be the center. The back speakers just have a hissing sound or no output at all.

Is something wrong here? Or do I need to do something different.
Thanks for your help and feedback.

Cheers! :)

John S

Senior HTF Member
Composite is usually a video term.....

The Audio needs to be on either Optical or Coax(RCA).
The DVD player often times will need to be told to output DTS and DD or both. Also sometimes there is a setting in the DVD player called PCM/Bitstream... Bitstream is the correct setting.

Also keep in mind, not all DVD's conatain DD and/or DTS tracks. DPL/DPLII/DPLIIx or DTS Neo:6 are usually the proper modes for those. Some are even MONO.

Sometimes you also have to manually select the DD/DTS tracks on the DVD Menu as well. (Not the DVD Player Menu)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks