What's new

Question about HT Center speaker choices for my DCM TimeWindows?? (1 Viewer)

Ray C56

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray Christman
Hi Guys-A Newbie to this forum.

I need some help in configuring my HT system, as I have a bunch of mis-matched components. First of all, my room accoustics are bad: Catherdral Ceiling, Glass on one end, fireplace, openings, ect. I have to put my front & Centers in a corner facing 45* angle.

I am currently using DCM Time Windows tower speakers for my fronts coupled with a Bose VCS-10 Center Channel. My surrounds are JBL J2050 & I have a Veldyne 12" Sub with a Pioneer VSX919-AH A/V Receiver.

Would I be better off getting a DCM Center, or do they make one similar to my DCM TW(Now that they're 30 yrs old). Any suggestions on a sonically similar Center? Or should I be happy with the Bose? The Receiver is fairly new, the rest of the equipment, I've accumulated over the yrs.

I think my key might be tinkering with settings to achieve my best sound(2 channel Music & HT).

Thanks in advance!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
DCM Time Windows are a very specialized speaker. I'd contact DCM directly for advice on a center channel.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
I agree with Gene, however I thought DMC they had gone out of business as they were made in Ann Arbor Mi As I remember they mounted the speakers on an angle so that they bounced sound off of walls and dispersed sound around the room . I did find a DMC website and they now produce various lines HT speakers and in wall speakers in Illinois so I wonder if the company changed hands. Your front stage speakers should be timbre matched and I can't imagine that the Bose center you are using would fit that criteria. But only DMC can tell you for sure if anything they produce today will match up with your old Time Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks