What's new

Question about horizontal lines (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I own a 30HF83 from Toshiba, I really like It.

I have done the basic video calibration with the "DVE" DVD

The problem is with the latest concert DVD of The Cure (Trilogy) who have a very good image, I sometimes get a lot of horizontal line on the background, think its worst when the stage lighting is more red... this concert had been film with digital equipement.

Anyone know what I could do about this??

Ok I now have more information about my problem, these fixed horizontal line ( all spaced about less than 1/2 of a inch on a 30 inch screen) appears on some material when I put them in progressive scan, on the CURE concert DVD if I select 1080i on the TV, the lines disapears. Last nignt I turn on the progressive scan option on a PS2 game and the lines were there when I slected 540p on the TV.

Please help me....

:frowning:

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Eric,

By any chance, do you have a Sony DVD player? You mentioned that you had progressive scan turned on, and see horizonal lines. I have a Sony DVD player (NS700p) and every time I turn on progressive scan, I see horizontal lines in all the reds. This is called the "Chroma Bug" and there's NOTHING you can do about it, unless you buy a DVD player that doesn't have it, *OR* turn off progressive scan. I got so tired of it, I just leave it turn off all the time.

Hummmm....

actualy the ps2 must have a sony progressive driver,

As for my DVD, I have a Marantz DV6200....never heard of that problem from Marantz... I will search info on "chroma bug"

Even if its not good news, thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVD1968
Recent bookmarks