Question about horizontal lines

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Eric-sherbrooke, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Eric-sherbrooke

Hi,

I own a 30HF83 from Toshiba, I really like It.

I have done the basic video calibration with the "DVE" DVD

The problem is with the latest concert DVD of The Cure (Trilogy) who have a very good image, I sometimes get a lot of horizontal line on the background, think its worst when the stage lighting is more red... this concert had been film with digital equipement.

Anyone know what I could do about this??

2. Eric-sherbrooke

Ok I now have more information about my problem, these fixed horizontal line ( all spaced about less than 1/2 of a inch on a 30 inch screen) appears on some material when I put them in progressive scan, on the CURE concert DVD if I select 1080i on the TV, the lines disapears. Last nignt I turn on the progressive scan option on a PS2 game and the lines were there when I slected 540p on the TV.

Please help me....

[​IMG]

3. Eric-sherbrooke

Come on, anybody can't help me????[​IMG]

4. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

Eric,

By any chance, do you have a Sony DVD player? You mentioned that you had progressive scan turned on, and see horizonal lines. I have a Sony DVD player (NS700p) and every time I turn on progressive scan, I see horizontal lines in all the reds. This is called the "Chroma Bug" and there's NOTHING you can do about it, unless you buy a DVD player that doesn't have it, *OR* turn off progressive scan. I got so tired of it, I just leave it turn off all the time.

5. Eric-sherbrooke

Hummmm....

actualy the ps2 must have a sony progressive driver,

As for my DVD, I have a Marantz DV6200....never heard of that problem from Marantz... I will search info on "chroma bug"

Even if its not good news, thanks for the info.