What's new

Question about home theartre, gaming & remotes (1 Viewer)

rpoteat

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
Hi.
sorry, but i'm really new to all of this, and i'm in the process of totally upgrading my entertainment center. I need some help with a few topics.

first, let me state what i've got:

Componets:
APEX AD-660
SYMPHONIC SL-260A
TECHNICS RS-T25
Onkyo cd changer r1 dx-c909
PIONEER CS-99 (MAX 80W INP. 8-ohm

Console Games:
xbox 360,
xbox
ps2
sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn

All console games are routed into a polytron a/v selector switch, then run into the vcr.

All of these use my Sharp HT-DP4000 as the surround sound center

i'm replacing my tv with a philips 32FD9954 plasma. this is where my confusion starts.

what i hope to find first, is a universal remote that can handle the tv, plus all the above listed componets. any reccomendations would be appreciated.

second, i'm wondering if there is a receiver/surround sound center that will allow me to plug in at least 2 of the game systems, along with the vcr, dvd, & cd player & just switch between them without needing to use the a/v selector switch.

I hope i stated that so that it's understandable, i have the picture of what i want in my mind, but describing it is a little difficult.

if anyone can help with these 2 questions, please respond.
thanks
Rich

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know that Harmony has a remote for the Xbox and it will control other components. Maybe their more advanced models will do the same. I use their model 880 in both my living room and theater room. Controls everything perfectly.

Yes, there are many receivers that will allow you to plug in most/all of your equipment and switch among them. When choosing the receiver make sure it has the appropriate inputs that you need. Remember, the more inputs you need the more the receiver will cost. If your switch box is remote controlled or it is one that switches to system that is turned on, then you can incorperate it into your system with most remotes. The Harmony can easily control one with remote commands or turn on the appropriate system at the appropriate time.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks