Question about historical players, teams on Madden 2002

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Pounds, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

I've got Madden 2002 for XBOX...
    I've been unlocking the historical players and teams via the "Madden Cards"...
    Does anyone know if you can go in and name the players on the pre-existing or uncovered historical teams?
    I ask because I'm a big 49ers fan and it's a little weird playing with Joe Montana as #18 or #19...it just bothers me that most of the numbers of the players on the historical rosters are incorrect.
    I thought maybe when you get the historical players through the Madden Cards that it might unlock the players on the historical teams, but it seems like it doesn't.
    You can't access the historical teams' rosters through the "roster" feature (as far as I can tell).
    Also, about unlocking the historical players...it allows you to add them to the free agent list so you can sign them to current rosters???? This seems a little bit weird to me...
    Does anyone have any insight here?
    D'oh!...Edited for "roosters"...too much coffee...

2. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Cock-a-doodle-doooo!!!
    You mean ROS-ters, I think.
    No offense. Your post gave me a smile today.

3. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

Bump!

Anyone???.....anyone???

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Sorry Jeff, I don't have an answer to your question re: the XBox or any other console version. But you can on the PC version, which I have played religiously the last few years. There's a feature called Roster Editor. When you unlock the teams on PC you can access them through the Roster Editor and make whatever changes you want (name, uniform, height, weight, skills). There's nothing like that on your XBox?

5. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

Yeah I think there isn't a way to do this, bar going through and editing the players yourself. Becomes very tedious, I usually get a printout of the stats/vitals from the PC version and update my team (go niners!) before going into a season etc.. I guess you can do the same with naming your historical team.

6. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

Carlo...

There is a roster editor, but it only lets you scroll through (and therefore edit) the current year's teams and players.

The historical or other unlocked teams aren't accessible.

I have also played the PC version and edited the players on the historical teams, that's why it killing me that I can't do it on the XBOX!