What's new

Question about Harry Potter..... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
As someone who has never read The Sorcerer's Stone(I've just finished The Chamber Of Secrets,don't ask why I started with the second novel first),would it be wise to read the TSS before it is released in Nov. or watch the movie in theaters first and then read the book?
The reason I'm asking is that I have never read a book that was made into a movie(to my knowledge,maybe Lord Of The Flies but that was a long time ago)and I don't know if I will be let down and or ruining the whole experience by giving away the whole movie before I even see it.
I know the book is usually better in most cases but I wanted some advice from people that have already read TSS and hear their opinions.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
By the way,I LOVED The Chamber Of Secrets(only took me two days to finish it which is incredible for me)and look forward to reading the other three this time in the proper order.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Wow, you really should have read them in order as the first books ending will perhaps no no longer seem so dramatic in light of what comes next.
That said, yes certainly I'd say read Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone before seeing the movie. Shortest book of the current four, takes only a few days to read cover to cover and I probably still regard it my favorite of the four out there.
Dan (UK)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm sorry but I have to ask...WHY did you start with the second book?
confused.gif

To answer your question, Yes, read the first book second before seeing the first movie first.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.
[Edited last by Tino on November 01, 2001 at 06:52 PM]

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
My wife bought books 2 and 4 at a flea market and I got bored at work so I started reading book 2 just to see if I would like it since the movie is coming out soon.I went to the library today to get TSS and they were all out(probably because of the movie)so I had them special order one from another library.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks