Question About Godzilla Set Due 11/5

Discussion in 'DVD' started by FrancisP, Oct 24, 2005.

1. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

I notice there is a Godzilla 5 disc set that is set to be released on 11/15. I have been trying to find out which movies these will contain and whether they are widescreen or not. The only thing the online retailers seem to have is it is a five disc set. Can anybody give me the scoop on this set?

2. JayHM

JayHM Stunt Coordinator

I'm guessing these are the five new Classic Media releases, which are indeed supposed to be widescreen. These were originally slated to come out in October.

I believe the titles are:

Godzilla's Revenge
    Godzilla, King of the Monsters
    Godzilla vs. Monster Zero
    Godzilla vs. Mothra
    Terror of Mechagodzilla

3. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Where are you seeing these listed? I've been looking for them for awhile but none of the online stores seem to have it listed.

4. JayHM

JayHM Stunt Coordinator

That's because they haven't been "officially" announced yet. In fact, if you do a google search, you'll find that they've apparently been delayed until next year.

5. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

As far as I know that is not right. If you go to dvdpricesearch.com and do a search for Godzilla. There is a link for Godzilla Set (5-Disc Set) by Sony Music. The bad thing is that there is nothing at any of the on-line retailers they link to about what movies are included or whether they are widescreen.

6. JayHM

JayHM Stunt Coordinator

So which part of my post was incorrect? The set is definitely NOT coming out on Nov. 15th (that's the old date, it was delayed). And Classic Media releases are distributed via Sony, so this is definitely it.