1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Geometry Calibration

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Johnny_M, May 6, 2004.

1. Johnny_M

Johnny_M Second Unit

I've spent the last couple hours adjusting the geometry on my RPTV thru the service menu. I've really got it just about the way I want it, but one thing: The top and bottom seem to bow inward slightly toward the middle, I dont see any adjustment to address this. What would that ajustment be called? Is it a combination of multiple adjustments?

Johnny

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    GReetings

Depends on the TV ... which one are you using? Are you doing corrections via SM parameters or with the grid itself through convergence.

regards

3. Johnny_M

Johnny_M Second Unit

I have a 43" widescreen samsung, 4215 or 4w15 is the model (i think).

im doing the adjustments by having Digital Video Essentials in the dvd player, ive tried using different grids on that. im basically doing this by trial and error. maybe if you could explain exactly what each setting changes that would be helpful, or is there a web site somewhere? most of them i understand like vertical shift, etc, but some of the others i dont fully understand what they are moving when i adjust them.

anyway, what i ended up with is a perfectly square image, but the top and bottom bow outwards slightly, in other words, the top middle goes higher than the top left and right, and the bottom middle goes lower than the bottom left and right.

does that make sence?

Johnny