What's new

Question about Fox Studio Classics Packages (1 Viewer)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
I'm thinking of picking up the Best Picture Collection as part of the Fox/MGM "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" sale at DD and DVD Planet so that I can finally pick up Sunrise. However, I already own All About Eve and How Green Was My Valley and would like to unload these. Do the individual movies come shrink-wrapped or is it only the outside box which is wrapped? If the discs are individually wrapped then I can easily exchange the unwanted ones at a B&M for store credit.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
CostCo is also selling these bundles, for $11.
The DVD's are individually shrinkwrapped, and then shrinkwrapped again to bundle them.
For the price of one, you get three.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Unfortunately, Sunrise is not among the titles included in these bundles. However, it's a boon to someone who wants to build a collection.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

Thanks for the note. I understand that the Costco bundles don't have Sunrise, but are the bundles akin to this one, in appearance, at least?:

Best Picture Collection

I'd like to know if this Best Picture set also has the titles individually-wrapped. There were a bunch of posts on these sets a few years back, when they were new, but I can find no conclusive answers about the packaging.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
No, that looks like a box-set.

The bundles at CostCo are simply three DVD's shrinkwrapped together with a title card over the bottom half of the bundle. I don't know if they're selling Sunrise or not.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling that a number of the entries in this series will (and have already started) to be revisited in the newer Cinema Classics Collection. I'm sure we'll see more in future. It's too bad Fox didn't put more effort into them the first time around by offering more relevant film extras and better packaging, etc.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator

I own this set and, no, the titles are not individually wrapped within the outer plastic box. Great set, though. I picked it up for 16 bucks at Costco about a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks