What's new

Question about Elvira Movie Macabre (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I bought the "coffin can" collection of Elvira Movie Macabre shows a while back and only now got around to watching an episode... Eegah. But this doesn't appear to be the show I remember. It looks like some sort of later remake. The show I watched on KHJ 9 in Los Angeles had her on a red velvet love seat, and when she would comment during a film it would cut away from the film to her and back again. This one had a different set and intro, and when she would interrupt the film, she would show up in a little video porthole in the corner. Elvira is always Elvira and that's great, but I'm a little disappointed, because this version seems to have ditched some of the horror host format in favor of a stock cable TV comedy show format.

When were the shows on this set made and where were they broadcast? And when were the shows I remember made? Are these shows the ones most people know Elvira for or do they know her for the KHJ9 show?

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
The set you have is comprised of episodes from the syndicated series that ran for 1 season from 2010-2011.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I bought the "coffin can" collection of Elvira Movie Macabre shows a while back and only now got around to watching an episode... Eegah. But this doesn't appear to be the show I remember. It looks like some sort of later remake. The show I watched on KHJ 9 in Los Angeles had her on a red velvet love seat, and when she would comment during a film it would cut away from the film to her and back again. This one had a different set and intro, and when she would interrupt the film, she would show up in a little video porthole in the corner. Elvira is always Elvira and that's great, but I'm a little disappointed, because this version seems to have ditched some of the horror host format in favor of a stock cable TV comedy show format.

When were the shows on this set made and where were they broadcast? And when were the shows I remember made? Are these shows the ones most people know Elvira for or do they know her for the KHJ9 show?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0262973/

I believe the KHJ ones ... as KHJ was on some cable systems and some of the episodes were syndicated

Also her "movie" "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark" was released in 1988 ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira's_Movie_Macabre

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks