What's new

question about dvd players (1 Viewer)

charlie o

Stunt Coordinator
The toshiba i have now that my son broke says dts on the front. Some of the cheap ones i see that are pro scan only say dd on them. Will all dvd players plat both or no dts from some of the cheap ones.

charlie o

Stunt Coordinator
cool thanks. i want one that plays both. Might just have to get the denon 910 and set it on the tv instead of the a/v rack.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Not all the Denons are "very well built". I picked up the 910 a couple of weeks ago and was extremely disappointed by the cheap build quality, cheap feeling remote, and horrible on-screen interface for menus and such. The picture quality was identical, if not only slightly better, than that of my current player: a Toshiba SD-5700. Needless to say, I promptly returned the 910 and I've thusfar decided to stick with my Tosh player until it dies.

I've seen the Denon 1600 when it was still on store shelves and it definitely looked much better built than the 910.

charlie o

Stunt Coordinator
i have a toshiba sd3805 now and it's a 5 disc progressive scan and everything was fine untill the kid broke it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks