What's new

Question about Disney Animateds finally going on moratorium... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure this has already been covered, but as the HTF's "Search" function isn't running again, I'll just have to go ahead and ask it...
Apparently, several of Disney's animated efforts are finally going out on moratorium like originally planned. Does anyone know the full list of titles which are actually disappearing in the near future and which are NOT going to be reissued within the next couple of years?
I'd like to fill in some gaps in my collection, and I don't feel like waiting four or so years for the Platinum Editions to watch titles like "Lady and the Tramp" again.
The ones I already positively know have been discontinued are: "101 Dalmatians," "Jungle Book," "Lady and the Tramp," "Little Mermaid" and "Peter Pan."
I've heard that "Hercules" is on the "discontinued" list, but on the other hand I've also heard is was reissued as a Gold Collection DVD and will continue to be available. Same for "Pinocchio." And I think we all already know that "Peter Pan" is being reissued again next years as a SE...
Well, my Disney contacts are now long gone, so I'm asking you fine folk out there to help me out. So, what other titles are there that will be disappearing for the next few years? Has anyone heard of any other title being reissued in the near future ala "Peter Pan" (i.e., a new SE "Alice", "Hercules," etc.)?
Thanks...
Jeff
------------------
Jeff Krispow
Former Reviewer
http://www.laserrot.com
[email protected]

Michael Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
From dvdfile :
. These titles will be discontinued this summer (2001), and re-released in the future as full-fledged Platinum editions. The other animated classics in the collection are Bambi, Cinderella, Aladdin, The Lion King and Beauty & the Beast.
So...if you are buying Snow White on 10/9 and have Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book and 101 Dalmations....you should be covered.
Michael
------------------

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I was holding out on The Little Mermaid but if it is going (has gone) on moratorium then I better pick it up if I can find it cheap, or else have to wait years to get it.
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
When you preorder Snow White you can choose any of these as a free DVD. If you don't already have one of these such as The Little Mermaid then this is clearly the way to go (assuming you want Snow White, and if you're a Disney fan why wouldn't you?).
I already had all of the Limited Edition releases, but chose The Little Mermaid as my free one when I preordered Snow White at The Disney Store (who has a very good price by the way). I'll probably hold on to it for a year or so and see if I can sell it when they become a little more scarce.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks