What's new

Question about DishNetwork 6000 and Dish Depot (1 Viewer)

Lin Park

Second Unit
I went to the Dish Depot site and was looking at the setup that VicRuiz suggested. Does this unit require 2 satellite dishes? Here are the entries that I am asking about:
DISH 500 With TWIN LNBF
18 Inch Dish With Single LNBF
What are the two items for?
Thanx,
Lin

Mike I

Supporting Actor
For HD programming you need a second dish 300 which points to the 61.5 sat, which dish has plenty of bandwidth to provide hd content at and will add more hd channels as they become available
------------------

Kit_C

Grip
The Dish500 with Twin LNBF is an oval dish that picks up both the 110° and 119° satellites, while the 18" dish with single LNB (aka Dish300) points to 61.5° (or 148° once HD content is mirrored there) to pick up the HD channels. You also need an SW-21 switch to combine the output of the antennas.
This configuration, with a single LNB in the Dish 300 and one SW-21, limits you to a single receiver. If instead you use a Dual LNB in the Dish 300 and add another SW-21, you can support two receivers. This is the configuration I use, and it works great. Beyond two receivers, you need different LNB's and switches.
FWIW, I've had good experiences dealing with Mark at Dish Depot.
Kit

Dick Doll

Auditioning
Just want to add my affirmation of Mark at Dish Depot. I have purchased from them twice. Once for my Dish 500. Later for my Dish 6000 HDTV unit. Mark does a great job of providing great prices, good service and prompt shipping.
Now if Dish Network would just start beaming HDTV on 148?????
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks