What's new

question about denon avr1804 (1 Viewer)

Steve_-_K

Auditioning
We are seriously considering this a/v receiver for HT room but I have some issues I need to clarify.

We have comcast digital cable and I understand that to receive high def signals I need to get a high def digital cable receiver which of course includes an up charge. To make it worse I think high definition is not even available in our area yet.

Now, we do have an outside antenna that is not hooked up at this time. It would be a simple matter at this point to hook the antenna up and run another feed to our a/v receiver and then we could receive network high def transmissions in addition to cable.

Does anyone know if the 1804 has more than one input for coax cable? If not, what is the best way to use both sources? An A/B switch? Is there a better way?
Thanks
Steve K

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe I'm confused here, but you seem to be asking if the 1804 can act as an OTA HD tuner? If that is what you're asking, the answer is NO.

You'll need a seperate OTA HD tuner, which you can then switch through the 1804, although you may not want to since the bandwidth on the 1804 is questionable for HD switching.

Steve_-_K

Auditioning
Chad, thanks for the response. More than likely, I'm the one that's confused. It didn't occur to me that I'd need a tuner in front of the receiver. That makes sense now. Just what does OTA mean?
Steve K

Users who are viewing this thread