What's new

Question about Denon 3802 (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Is it just me or what?
I guess I'm the only one to find the 3802/1082 manual confusing.
I have a Yamaha 5.1 receiver and that manual is much easier to understand!

I am interested in other peoples opinons about the DTS 6.1 ES discrete vs Denon's widescreen 7.1 for sound quality.

Also, I have looked at page 17 of the pdf user's manual for the 3802.
From what I understand, surround speaker selection funtion shows two examples:

Using surround speakers A and using surround speakers B.
I assume that I want to use the picture in the left.
I think the stuff about multi zone was throwing me off.
So, I will setup my system as the picture in the left and have my power amp assignment set to surround back.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Although people have rightfully criticized Denon's instruction manuals, I find the setup menu to be quite simple. 90% of your setup is accomplished by answering the questions and filling in the distances in the setup. The hardest part of this setup menu is the 6.1/7.1 for non-flagged sources. I have installed near a hundred of these receivers and I still forget which is the correct option. All I remember offhand is that I choose the default setting to get back surround processing for all 5.1 sources.

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
I think the stuff about multi zone was throwing me off.
One thing I like about Denon is their massive amount of options. Those who don't want to use the binding posts for surround back speakers can use them to drive multizone without having to use a separate amp. Since I'm going to use multizone on my 4802 soon, and I don't use surround back speakers this option works for me.

As for Surrounds A and B, this gives you the option of using 4 side surrounds. One set for Movies, another for Music. I like this option since dipoles work better for movies, and direct radiating for music. Gives an all in one solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks