Question about Denon 2805/3805 Receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by amatala, Jan 28, 2005.

1. amatala

amatala Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

I have noticed that the Denon 2805 and 3805 receivers are quite popular on this forum, so I have a question for people who are familiar with this models.
    Is it possibe to store multiple speaker balance settings according to the decoder or input used?
    For example I always like to push the central and the surrounds volume a little higher in Dolby, to keep the central on 0 but push the surrounds higher in DTS and finally, I like all speakers to be at the same level when using the 6ch direct in (for DVD-A/SACD). What I hate is to always have to readjust my speaker levels when I switch decoder/input.
    I know this is quite a basic question, but I coudn't find a clear answer anywhere until now.

Thanks for all your input!

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The external inputs are analog, so for SACD/DVD-A, your speaker settings could be done at the SOURCE.

I'm not sure about those two receivers specifically, but my Marantz 8300 has separate speaker level adjustment for the m/c inputs compared to all other inputs.

I believe most of the recent NAD receivers allow you to save settings per source and/or have a certain number of saved presets.

3. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

Yes, the Denons allow adjustments based on surround mode.