Question about Dazzle, After Effects, Movie Maker

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickC, Oct 24, 2002.

1. NickC

NickC Second Unit

Alright, here is my dilema, I have dazzle, I can import and output video, I made a video in after effects, the file size came out to be like 2 gig, so I then rendered it in Adobe premerie and added sound, I then used the windows movie maker to convert it to the standard dv format, because that was the only way I could out put it...after I do that the movie runs twice as fast as the sound and everything is all over the place..anyone know a better way to get an After Effects video out through dazzle, without losing anything?

i am using 720*480 Ntsc

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Nick, I'm in Havertown too, so I can be of great help on this [​IMG]
    first off, forget Windows Movie Maker.
    You need to change you codec you're rendering to in After FX to whatever DV codec you're using (assuming Microsoft DV)
    You should be able to play back right from the Premiere timeline. Check Dazzle's website, they probably have a premiere plugin

3. NickC

NickC Second Unit

yeah, we used to work together at Wawa back in that day, I think 95 or something, anyhow...

I made the original movie in after effects 5, added sound in premeire, then made the dv in dazzle main actor sequencer, and finally used MGI videowave to output through dazzle and that seemed to work perfect...still trying to find a better way..just need to find those codecs for after effects and premeire...i think thats the prob

4. NickC

NickC Second Unit

Your right it was microsoft DV, i just had to dig through the rendering settings to find it, thanks...

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Blast from the past [​IMG] You're welcome