What's new

Question about Daniel Boone (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if a complete series set is being worked on?

The reason I ask is because the individual season sets are now out of print:frowning:

EDIT: I really don't know what's going on. For nearly two weeks Amazon didn't have any in stock, but now it seems they are selling(most of)them again. Deepdiscount has only season 2 available right now.

Weird, erratic distribution on these sets. I was really worried I'd have to pay aftermarket prices, but it seems ok now!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Liberation Entertainment was the distributing group behind the DANIEL BOONE sets. They got through the first 5 seasons (the show ran 6 total), but never got that last set out. I don't see any Complete set on the horizon at this point, but who knows for sure. I'd just like to see something worked out where the last season could be released. It's a shame they came so close and couldn't finish the series. I believe Dave and Gord mentioned that work was being done to find another distributor for that last set. Hope it happens.

Gary "LE actually had the last season set on the schedule and something happened to hold it up - then it eventually fell through completely" O.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're a tad mixed up there, actually.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Liberation made the releases; it was one of the first properties they were doing after the company was formed in early 2006:
Daniel Boone DVD news: New Company Formed To Put Out DVD Releases, Inlcuding TV-DVDs Such As Daniel Boone and PBS's Soundstage, plus Here! Network Content | TVShowsOnDVD.com

The sets were distributed to retail by Goldhil, a company that suffered bad financial trouble recently and so Cerebellum Corporation took over the distribution of stuff that Goldhil had been distributing:
Daniel Boone DVD news: Update about Daniel Boone - Season 6 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

As that story says, though, it doesn't mean that Goldhil/Cerebellum will be distributing Season 6, which supposedly will be out before the year is over.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
My bad. I knew Liberation was behind the release, but I forgot that the distributor was different. Sorry about that. I hope that 6th Season does make it out, whether it be now or early in 2009.

Gary "LE made a really big deal out of these releases too - it was shocking to see that last set come to a screeching halt after the previous sets had come out at such a good clip" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Season 6 is up for pre-order as of today! So everyone can now add this show to their "completed" TV shows list!

Gary "so glad to see this one coming in November" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks