What's new

question about convergence (1 Viewer)

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
First I wanna say Hello! since im new here...
My question is this:
I recently got the Panasonic PT-47WX51 rptv and I've played around with it a lot to make it look good. So far my work has paid off... The only problem though that I've noticed is that it has a really ugly convergence problem on the left side, close to the edge of the tv. I've tried fixing it by using the convergence menu but that hasn't fixed it. I'm not sure if convergence problems are covered under the warranty, if yes then that'd be perfect cuz I'll get it fixed. If not then... what can i do? (and how much will it cost?):confused:

John Gates

Second Unit
Felipe,

You can have your set professionally converged, focused, and set up by an ISF technician for about $500 US, and in some cases this even includes making changes to the hardware or internal programming of the set. Most people who are serious about image quality cough up this dough for the ISF tech.

If you are a DIY guy, there should be plenty of help on this forum, but if you don't get your answer here, you could try AVS forum, and they might be able to lead you to resources.

Good luck!

John G

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply,

I would definitely want to get my set ISF calibrated but I'm not gonna do it just yet. There's a couple of places here that specialize in home theatre and who have ISF trained technicians. I just gotta call around to find out how much each are charging and what experience they have. I didn't know though that they would make changes to the hardware if it needs it. It's good to know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks