question about convergence overlay grid.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickGiovas, Dec 8, 2002.

1. NickGiovas

NickGiovas Extra

I am considering making a convergence overlay grid for my Toshiba 65hdx82 to assist with the 56 point convergence. My question is which material is best for making this grid - plexi or acetate? Also what is the best way to attach it to the tv?

Once I make the grid, do I do a convergence for each input and then for each mode (tw1, tw2, tw3, full)?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Nick, I made mine from 1/8" plexiglass cut to size at Home Depot. You can use a fine tip permanent marker and a nice straight edge to measure/make your lines. It will fit in the bezel around the screen nicely when your done, needing only a few strips of scotch tape to secure it.

By the way, read my post on this page, Im trying to find out if you need a different grid for every pic size. I do however think you have to do convergence for each input...hopefully someone can clarify our questions.. By the way, Im in Canton, MI. and Im getting Comcast HD thursday! I cant wait!

Mike

3. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

I do know that last years 81 series only required setting the full mode. You did not have to do each different pic size. I also dont think you need to do each input either.Again, this was on the 81 models..