What's new

question about convergence overlay grid. (1 Viewer)

NickGiovas

Grip
I am considering making a convergence overlay grid for my Toshiba 65hdx82 to assist with the 56 point convergence. My question is which material is best for making this grid - plexi or acetate? Also what is the best way to attach it to the tv?

Once I make the grid, do I do a convergence for each input and then for each mode (tw1, tw2, tw3, full)?

Thanks,
Nick

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, I made mine from 1/8" plexiglass cut to size at Home Depot. You can use a fine tip permanent marker and a nice straight edge to measure/make your lines. It will fit in the bezel around the screen nicely when your done, needing only a few strips of scotch tape to secure it.

By the way, read my post on this page, Im trying to find out if you need a different grid for every pic size. I do however think you have to do convergence for each input...hopefully someone can clarify our questions.. By the way, Im in Canton, MI. and Im getting Comcast HD thursday! I cant wait!

Mike

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I do know that last years 81 series only required setting the full mode. You did not have to do each different pic size. I also dont think you need to do each input either.Again, this was on the 81 models..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks