What's new

Question about connecting speakers to RCA jacks (1 Viewer)

Here is the situation. I have 2 receivers, 1 I use as my main and the other powers my sub from the sub out on the main receiver to the right front amp in on my 2nd receiver. Recently the left front speaker channel went out on my main receiver. I checked the speaker and the wire and sure enough there is no signal coming from the left front channel. However there are RCA outputs for all speakers and the left front RCA jack does put out a signal. Right now I am running an RCA cable from the Left front out on my main receiver to the left front amp in on my sub receiver then speaker cable from the left front to the speaker. I don't like this arrangement for 2 reasons, 1 the speaker is now louder than my other one and 2 I plan on using that left channel to power a 2nd sub. Is there a way to make or buy a cable that is RCA on one end and banana plugs on the other?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That doesn't solve your problem. If you were to connect the left front output from the main receiver directly into the speaker (using the RCA connector on one end and banana plugs on the other end of a pair of wires), the speaker is getting a low level signal and would not sound loud at all in relation to the right front speaker.

The solution is to get your main receiver's left front amplifier section fixed. That will mainly entail getting a circuit board for that amp channel swapped out (that's the usual reason an amp channel fails), or something more complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks