1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Columbia House DVD Club

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_Are, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I did a search and couldn't find my answer, so don't gimme no grief [​IMG] ...

I just joined Columbia House with the intention of buying my two fulfillment DVDs at "regular price" - as required - then signing off.

Looking at the website, however, I see that every freakin' DVD is on sale (or their version thereof).

Will I fulfill my obligation by buying any DVD that is priced $19.99 or greater (even if it is 'on sale' and therefore not the regular club price)? Is anything ever NOT on sale?

Thanks!

Jon

2. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

Jon,

I believe the answer is yes, as long as it is 19.99 or higher... In the past you could often select the price that you wish to pay for a particular DVD, either the regular price, the sale price, or some other promotional price. However...

In this instance I think it best to direct you to another forum. You will certainly find the answer to this and any other questions you may have onthis topic in the DVD Club forum over at DVD Talk. There are some rather exhaustive FAQs there on Columbia House.

3. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I remember the first time I signed up about 2 years ago and to fulfill your membership you had to buy 2 DVDs at regular price, which basically meant retail. But if every one of their discs are "on sale" then they have no choice but to honor the price.

If only you had seen this thread. You get 5 DVDs for $24.95 with nothing more to buy. I jumped on the bandwagon today. Or perhaps I misunderstood you and you WANT to buy more from them, if you did then please disregard this post. [​IMG]

4. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Nope, Travis, I would have gone for that one also if I'd seen it. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I'll do that one next time 'round if it's still available.

Thanks for the info,

Jon