1. I'm a little behind the times because I buy these sets used when I can find them.

I've just started screening Season 5 and noticed what seems like some chapter stop anomalies.

*make you own Star Trek anomaly joke here*

Normally, the show's into (to boldly go...) is tacked onto the end of chapter one.

This way, you can chapter skip forward after the teaser sequence and the next thing you see should be the story title screen (start of chapter 2).

The first disc of season 5 seems to have a split personality.

The first two episodes are normal, but the last two (Ensign Ro and Silicon Avatar) are 'different'.

It seems that the intro was placed at the beginning of chapter 2, so if you chapter skip you will miss the title screen and apparently all of chapter two.

Could someone confirm this issue with their set?

I was also wondering how widespread this problem is in Season 5 and beyond.

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

I'm not sure, but I think all of the sets are like this. I remember a thread when these first came out asking why they couldn't just give the intro its own chapter, or put it at the end of one as you said.

I only have Season 1 and 2, and I would have to check these to be sure.

3. Seth--L

Seth--L Screenwriter

So basically a chapter stop isn't always placed at each and every commercial break in an individual episdoe - yes, I've noticed this in some of the episodes.

4. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

5. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Oh I noticed this when they first came out. To this day, the same inconsistant chapter stop happens on DS9. All I want to do is watch the teaser, then skip the titles and actors credits and go to the start of the first act when the episode title is shown.

Nelson

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I personally believe that the encoding on the TNG and most of the DS9 sets was done before the first TNG even really hit the stands, and they didn't want to spend the $$ it would take to reauthor.

That's also why there's not supplements except on the last disc (layer 2) I'll wager