What's new

Question about changing speaker....... (1 Viewer)

Tim Horn

Grip
hey guys, I have a cheap Sharp SD-AT1000. Now I don't want any comments about the quality of the set up, I'm a 17 year old student using this for games. But I have a question, the front left speaker is making a bit of a buzzing sound and I was wondering if it is possible to replace the speaker(s) in this system? I'd even stick with the cords it came with, I just want to see if I could change the speakers to different ones.

Thanks for the help guys.

Tim

FeisalK

Screenwriter
you can, but you got to make sure its the speaker that is the problem... can u switch the right speaker into the left and see if the buzzzing is still there

Tim Horn

Grip
are you able to switch the speakers like that in these machines? The speakers are labelled for each designated side it is supposed to be on. I'll try it though.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
A speaker is a speaker, with positive and negative terminals that connect to wires. When a current is applied to the wires, the cone moves. Every speaker in your system fundamentally operates on this same principle.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
course you can. they are labeled for convenience when you've got one speaker at the far end of the room not sure which terminal it's suppsoed to go to. other than that its like rory says.

how did the experiment turn out.. buzzing still there? if it is then the receiver may be at fault. if not .. you might need to repair / replace the speaker

Tim Horn

Grip
There still was a buzzing, I bought this thing for cheap but yeah this kind of bugs me. How much do repairs usually go for?

mylan

Screenwriter
Thats just it. It usually doesn't pay to have an inexpensive system repaired. Go to Best Buy or C.C. and buy an inexpensive set of speakers to see if that your problem, if not, return them and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks