Question about cell phones...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Paul_Fisher, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I just discontinued my T-Mobile cell phone service and I'm selling the phone (Samsung R225) on ebay. A person emailed me and asked if the SIMM card was included. What does this SIMM card have on it? Would there be anything wrong with including this in the auction? Is there any sort of personal information on it?

THanks

2. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

IIRC, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think it holds all your address book information, as well as service info.

3. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

So the only reason I would need it would be if I was transferring it to another phone, correct?

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

It has your phone information on it... so, theorhetically you can take the simm out of one phone and put it in another phone and it would work.

However, you've cancelled your service, so the SIMM is useless... and, I'm not sure they can be reprogrammed. Our system will only allow you to activate a SIMM once, for example. Once it's been deactivated, it cannot be reactivated with a different number... our switch wont allow it.

When he/she takes the used phone in, they'll probably put in a new SIMM anyway.

5. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

6. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Well the person I sold the phone to left me negative feedback because the SIMM card didn't work with the phone. She told me she had to buy a new SIMM card for the phone to work. Unbelievable.

7. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Yeah, I agree, sorry to hear that. Its like somebody leaving negative feedback because the dss receiver you sold somebody needs a new access card to work. If only people would research the product before they would buy...