Question About Casey Werner DVDs

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Beaver, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

Now that Casey Werner has found a studio which is apparently Fox as I remember reading they were looking for one studio to release their shows, how come now there saying they have to wait for sales of That 70s Show and The God, THe Devil & Bob before releasing their other shows (ex Roseanne & The Cosby Show) I would have figured that both Roseanne & The Cosby Show powerthouyses in their day would be an easty choice and then they could have gone later with their more obscure shows.

I'm really glad though that a deal has been made and I can't wait for more titles to be announced.

2. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

I can understand waiting for sales of shows in a similar genre and time period, but to connect the sales of a fairly short-lived obscure show like "God, The Devil, and Bob" to the potential of a very loosely connected, long-running, beloved hit like "The Cosby Show" is ridiculous. Still, I'm pretty sure that sales of "That 70s Show" will be good, as it has a loyal fan base. I'm confident "Cosby" and probably "Roseanne" will be out soon enough, though.

It is weird that some of the shows that were rated number one in their time period (Roseanne, Cosby, Dynasty, probably some others)have taken so long to come out.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It may not just be sales - they may be waiting to see how much marketing effort/success Fox puts into these shows before signing a deal that has broader implications. They many not just look at how many units The 70s Show moves, but whether Fox advertises it, makes deals with retailers for prominent placement, or delays the release in order to use manufacturing capacity for something else. It's not just the end result that's important, but the entire process.

4. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Again, are they going to advertise God, The Devil, and Bob as much as they will The Cosby Show? I think that what they're looking for is a quality release, and if they like it, Fox has The Cosby Show and Roseanne. With Fox, that shouldn't be a problem.

5. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Well, I'm glad that its Fox that gets to try its hand with this stuff, they've got a better track record than a number of other studios, and I think I have more TV product from them than any other studio with the acception of perhaps Columbia, but only because of the low price points, and Fox blows Columbia out of the water in terms of quality practically every time.

6. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Actaully, I believe that it's Carsey-Werner & not Casey-Werner.

Well, since Carsey-Werner found a distrubutor, I really hope that they bring out She TV. She TV was short lived 6 episode (1 hr long) sketch comedy show which was aired on ABC. It only lasted from August 1994 to September 1994 but I would definetly purchase She TV on DVD.

I liked this show ever since I saw it on ABC during 1994 but I haven't seen an episode of this show since 1994.

7. Roni F

Roni F Stunt Coordinator

It'd be great to have The Cosby Show out on DVD, but the Carsey-Werner show I'd most like to see come out is A Different World. Season sets would be a definite buy for me.

Roni

8. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I'm all over "Roseanne" if and when it becomes available. I've watched virtually every episode since day 1, and I never get tired of the reruns. It's just one of those shows that I can watch a million times over without getting tired of it. Hopefully we'll see it sooner than later.