What's new

question about buying new 5.1 system (1 Viewer)

cameron_m

Auditioning
I'm looking to buy a relatively cheap (under $200) surround sound system to go with my Apex AD-3201 DVD player and laptop. I've seen a number of cheap systems on ebay (such as this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1395712775), but I have no idea if they are any good. If any of you have any suggestions, such as whether I should get something with both Dobly Digital and DTS (the player supports both), they would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the difference between PMPO and RMS amplified power output?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Welcome Cameron!

First off PLEASE don't even think about buying that POS on Ebay.

Nowadays (especially with the holidays coming) you will find tons of nice NAME BRAND mini systems etc available in that price range at any store like BestBuy, Sears, hell, even Radio Shack, Target and Wal Mart.

Like I said, stick with a name brand you recognize that comes with a Dolby/DTS receiver and the acompanying speakers and plug in your DVD player and enjoy.

Realize of course with only $200, you won't get near the big bangin' sound that some Home Theaters in a Box etc. offer for budget shoppers, but if that's all you have to spend than you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Maybe do a search on Epinions.com for Home Theater stuff and maybe you'll find "reviews" of budget stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks