Question about Bose Accoustimass 15 speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Blain, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Blain

Blain Auditioning

I sorta inherited some Bose Accoustimass speakers. I have 3 of the cube speakers, and I ordered a forth. I set them up as Right F, Left F, Right R, left R. The fronts work fine, but I'm not getting anything out of the rears. When received the forth cube, it they should be connected to the Accoustimass box, and Not my AVR. Could this be my problem with my rears?

I dont have the Accoustimast base box. Long story short, my dad was storing these in his garage, he gave me the cubes, the base box was in his garage and Katrina wiped out his garage...

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

Use the search feature on "Bose"...and stand back [​IMG]

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    They should be connected to the bass module because the crossover for them is built into it; the cubes have no way to protect their driver. If you have an adjustable x-over on your receiver and you can set it as high as 150Hz or higher, they should be OK, otherwise, I think you are kind of stuck, because I'm not sure Bose sells replacement bass modules.

Your surround problem may be that you have to tell your receiver that you have rear speakers. Connect each of the speakers to a known good speaker wire to make sure they are working, then check your reciever's speaker settings.

I'd consider putting them up on Ebay because I'm sure there are always people who need an extra cube or two, who are willing to pay too much for them.

4. SummyD

SummyD Stunt Coordinator

Blain, you could buy a bass module off of ebay. I saw 4 available just now, although you might be better off taking John's suggestion and getting rid of the cubes instead.

5. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

Sorry to hear about your dad's garage. Best of luck with the rebuild and restart.