Question about Bose 201s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren Davis, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

I'm not particularly a fan of Bose and I know mostly everyone here feels the same but my brother gave me a pair of Bose 201s to use as rears in my system for the time-being until I get some Klipsh KSF-S5 surrounds. Well, these speakers don't have the spec stickers and my brother can't remember any info about them. They're about (guess here) 10 years old according to him. What I'm really trying to find is the Ohm on the speakers and the wattage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

You may want to check the Bose website...I'm sure they'll have an answer for you there.
    Free speakers=good speakers[​IMG]
    I have a pair of 301s in my office and I believe they are 6 or 8ohm....about 100 watts in handling. Yours should work just fine as surrounds.
    Jeremy

3. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

I've already checked their website and they only have the newer Bose 201 IVs. I think these are the first 201s. Thanks for the reply.[​IMG] I really hope these are 8 ohm.

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I used to own a pair of Bose 201's (please don't hate me). I believe they are 8 ohms.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Scott said: