What's new

Question about booting up (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Hello,
I'm using Windows XP, and when I boot my computer, it pauses, and I must hit F1 to resume and continue booting. It does this everytime I boot my computer. Does anyone know a way to disable this?

THanks
Paul

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Are you getting a POST error? This is usually the cause of needing to hit F1 to boot up. If it isn't displaying, see if there is a key to hit to enter the BIOS setup (usually Del or F2, depending on your BIOS), one of these should also give you the POST error.

KJP

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I'm not getting any errors at all. It just gets annoying and I'm sure there is some way to turn it off I just don't know how. THought someone else might know.

THanks

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Paul,
I have XP and had that happen on occasion. NOT sure why?
I later installed a program called "Boot VIS" by Microsoft, BTW, which speeds up the load time of Win XP, search the web and get it, might fix your bug.
It is free too.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew_Russell

Auditioning
I am having the exact same problem, and I can't figure out what is going on. I am not receiving any error messages at all upon boot up. I installed Boot VIS and that did absolutely nothing for me. I have looked everywhere in the BIOS and I can't find anything to change this. I don't think it is an XP problem, because it also did this to me in Windows 2000. Anyone have any other ideas? ;)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, one more. Can you update your bios?

I don't think that it is a Windows(??) problem, but both of you probably have the same piece of software that got it started, and who knows, maybe you have updated that without the software company saying anything.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks