1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Bi-Wiring Def Tech BP 30's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Burgess, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Brett Burgess

Brett Burgess Auditioning

I just purchased some new Definitive Technology BP 30's and I had a question for you other Def Tech owners out there about Bi-Wiring.
    The BP 30's have 2 sets of binding posts with a connector that links them together. Is this connector there for people who choose not to Bi-Wire? Since I am Bi-Wiring, should I remove this connector? Does it matter?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.
    Brett Burgess

2. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Hello Brett, Great purchase! Glad you could join the many happy Def Tech owners out there. I have BP30's as well and I have them bi-wired. To me I have notice better clarity and smoothness to the sound, others may not think so though. Yes, you must remove the brackets if you plan on biwiring/biamping. But you should be fine with them on using 12-14 gauge cable of a decent brand.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

you can conduct a simple experiment to prove to yourself if biwiring does anything...btw, nice speakers [​IMG]