Question about BB preferred customer coupon...

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by MarkDude, May 31, 2004.

1. MarkDude

MarkDude Stunt Coordinator

One of the coupons is good for 10% off any combination of movies, music, and video games. It says there's a limit of 3 of any ONE title, but I see people here saying that's a limit of 3 total. Before I go to Best Buy and stock up on stuff, can someone clarify this for me?

--Mark--

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    The limit is 3 items total, in any combo. So you could use the coupon on 3 DVDs, OR 1 DVD, 1 videogame & 1 CD, OR 2 CDs & 1 DVD, etc.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Technically, I don't believe there is a limit on this particular coupon. It says a limit of 3 of any single title, but does not place a limit on the total sale as past coupons have (i.e. 10% off any combination CDs, DVDs, software. Limit 5).

My problem in the past has been that at the store closest to me, they take the "Limit 3 of any one title" to mean that the coupon is only good for one single title, but you're allowed to buy up to 3 copies of it. Um...okay.... [​IMG]

How the coupon is honored depends solely on how the staff at your particular store chooses to interpret the terms. There seems to be no overall directive from BB corporate that tells them how to process them and each cashier will think it means something different.

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Hmmm. The coupon seemed to me to be pretty explicit as to the limit of three, but as I used it yesterday I can no longer check...
    It still surprises me when people say that. Every time I use one of these coupons at BB, the computer pulls up the terms right on the cashier's terminal, and enforces them. Is this not the case at all Best Buys???

5. MarkDude

"Hmmm. The coupon seemed to me to be pretty explicit as to the limit of three, but as I used it yesterday I can no longer check..."

I'm pretty sure the exact words are "limit three of any one title".

--Mark--

6. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

I'm sure it's too late to be of any use now, but I used this on Friday and bought two different DVDs. Both had 10% knocked off. The cashier scanned the coupon first.

-paul

7. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

The cashier scanned my coupon and it automatically gave me 10% off three different DVD titles. So even though the coupon wasn't phrased right, it at least was accepted properly.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Perhaps they've upgraded their software. In the past, the cashier has always had to do some sort of manual price override on each title since scanning the coupon would only take the 10% off the first title scanned after the coupon.

9. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

The coupon explicitly says limit three of any one title. The cashier at my store immediately determined that there was no limit on the number of titles and rang it up accordingly - but she had to scan the coupon several times to get it to apply to all the titles. I guess I was just lucky [​IMG]

10. MarkDude

Larry,

Yes, exactly. I'm glad someone else noticed that -- unfortunately I didn't take any chances and just picked up a video game and two DVD's. I wonder if my cashier would have been as knowledgeable (oh nevermind, I forgot we were talking about Best Buy).

--Mark--

11. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Its not that good of a deal anyways...IMO BB needs to step up to the plate and offer some real bargains for their Preffered Customer coupons.

10% off? come on, that barely covers the tax in my state....furthermore its for regularly priced items only which even further makes the deal worse.

The only people that really gain from a 10% off coupon is a person buying big ticket items.

Id like to see some BB coupons like this:

Buy 2 DVDs get one free

or even..

Buy 5 get 2 free

or at least 20% off any DVDs , boxsets , under $10s , ALL!

Then I woke up , right? [​IMG]

12. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

So are you saying you got an additional 10% off each time she scanned it? If so then congrats! and how many titles did you get for how much?