Question about AVR125 ?????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lyden, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Lyden

Lyden Stunt Coordinator

ok well i havent bought it yet but im just curious. i have some jensen SX Bass subs a pair to be exact they are 450 watts at 6 ohms i believe the reciver i just sold was able to push these babies quite well it was 100watts [email protected] by 5.its responce is 40Hz-20kHz now do you think the HK AVR 125 wil be able to push these with no problems at all my old reciver dident even click ad full volume probably wasnt to ehalthy for me but still a good fact im just curious if the HK has this kind of power. on a side note my recuver was a KLH R5000 cost me $167 open box last year

2. Lyden

Lyden Stunt Coordinator

and if any one knows howmuch do you think i cang et for the jensen SX Bass subs with box by MTX only prob is one of the tweeters is blown and its missing a clip for the wires i took the crozz overs out when they tweeter blew they arent hooked up the subs are fine i was planning on finding some towers with single 10 inch drivers and replacing them with the subs but something tells me that wouldnt work im happy for any info provided tanx [​IMG]

3. KyleGS

KyleGS Second Unit

Now that's one long sentence!
    Sorry I don't know about your speakers so I cannot comment.
    THE H/K is rated low but puts out a significant amount of power and shouldn't have trouble pushing 6ohm speakers.

4. Lyden

Lyden Stunt Coordinator

lol wow look at all my typos and poor grammer ah tobad i got my point accross [​IMG] . oh hmm i hope the HK can push them the speakers are car subs i have them in an old MTX box with blown tweeters i have anotehr question to ask. i have a pair of KLH M365 towers now i know this guy that wants to buy them off of me should i sell them to him? for like 130 and buy me a pair of yamaha speakers? or should i just keep the old sony floorstanters that are like 20yrs old but still pump? i meaan the extra 130 would help me get my reciver but i will lose a very nice pair of speakers and best buy doesnt sell them any more and i havent heard any cheap towers that can do 35Hzto 20kHz and only cost 120 and and they have 5 way gold plated binding poasts but i dont know what that is so heh.... and and they have a feffro hgowever spelt fluid cooled tweeter that reall kicks ive never had speakers that sounded like these so clear and nice bass but they were limited so i dunno well anyways please give some advice on new speakers. (dont even mention thos Sony POS's those paper tweeters sound like crap on a stick)