What's new

Question about assigning digital inputs --H/K x20 rec. (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Is there any way to assign the CD input on my H/K 120 a digital input? My Sony CD player has an optical out and I want to use the optical 2 input on the receiver it won't let me. Will I have to assign the CD player to Video 3 to be able to assign a digital input?

THanks,
Paul

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
This can definitely be done on the 520, not sure on the 120. The manual sets forth the procedure, but basically, once you connect the optical cable from your CD player to one of the digital inputs on the receiver (optical 1 or 2), you can either use the on-screen display or the remote to assign the correct digital input to the CD input source. For instance, if you connect the optical cable from the CD player to Optical 1, then after you press the "CD" button on the remote, press the "Digital" button on the remote, and scroll up or down to set it to Optical 1. That should do it.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
For instance, if you connect the optical cable from the CD player to Optical 1, then after you press the "CD" button on the remote, press the "Digital" button on the remote, and scroll up or down to set it to Optical 1. That should do it.
Actually those are not the exact steps.

1) connect the digital cable
2) with the remote select the CD player
3) then press AVR on the remote
4) then press digital (it will read analog on the display)
5) then press the up button (top section) of the control ring. keep pressing it until the digital input you used is displayed.
6) hit the enter button (center)

That should do it.

My point was that if you didn't hit AVR after hitting CD, the remote would not respond since it would be trying to control the CD player until you tell it to control the reciever.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks