Question about Anchorman unrated version

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jon_Are, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

This film was PG-13 while in theatres, but I see the DVD is unrated.

I was planning on renting it to watch with my daughter, but now I'm not so sure.

Is the actual movie still PG-13, but the commentary the unrated part?

If the film itself is unrated, why is there no "original" PG-13 DVD?

Thanks,

Jon

2. Eric Meske

Eric Meske Stunt Coordinator

In my opinion (I haven't seen the theatrical cut), the only thing that would keep the "unrated" version from getting a PG-13 would be the half-dozen times the F-word is used in one (very funny) sequence.

Still, it's not a movie for young children. Teenagers, on the other hand, will love it.

3. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

Actually I believe there is also a rated version available. To be honest, I saw anchorman in the theaters and the differences between the unnrated and original were slight. There might have been an extra utterance of the f-word and a couple jokes that dont necessarily push it to an R rating.

However the movie already was pushing the limits of a pg-13 rating, and I agree its not for very young children. I'm sure I watched much worse R-rated movies when I was ten, but if you are concerned what your daughter watches, Anchorman, even pg-13 is pretty vulgar.

4. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

The theatrical cut is available on DVD, but it's just a lot harder to find than the unrated version. It's also only available in fullscreen, for some daft reason.