What's new

question about an 'auto contrast thing' (1 Viewer)

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
i have a 20" samsung flat screen CRT tv, and when i play anything through it it plays things perfectly, except when the screen gets dominately black, it seems to 'lighten', like when there is a certain percentage of a lighter color on the screen it changes to a normal deep black, but when that percentage of 'non-black' gets too low, it seems to flux to a lighter shade of black (more a dark grey), but is very noticable... i don't know what it is, but have seen it before on other tv's as well... does anyone know what this auto contrast/black level is? any way to deactivate it (if that is what it is)? thanks for the help... Brice

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
There are more TVs out there that don't "hold black" well than there are that do...

Proper calibration can help a great deal in this area, minimizing this effect... have you calibrated with Avia or Video Essentials?

-Scott

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
can you deactivate this "hold back" so that blacks stay fluent and don't contrast about...? is there anything i can change service menu side? thanks, Brice

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks