Question about Alien Legacy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Napier, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Michael Napier

Michael Napier Stunt Coordinator

I have the Alien Legacy set on VHS (ugh) and I have found the DVD set at DeepDiscount DVD for around $59.00 with free shipping.
    Does anyone know if there are any plans to re-release this WITH the 5th disk? I would hate to buy this only to find out about another release.
    Thanks
    Mike

2. Frank L

Frank L Stunt Coordinator

No I don't think there are any plans for a re-release. I don't remember the exact quote, but on one of those onine chats, Fox VP if home video said there was little chance of that happening.
    If I were you I'd go ahead and get the set, it's amazing and the commentary by Ridley Scott on Alien is worth the price of the whole set.
    what I did is that I went to eBay and bought the 5th disc, printed a VERY nice DVD cover that someone made, and added it to my collection.
    Alternatively, it you can play R2 DVDs, you can get the R2 box set which includes the 5th disc.
    F

3. Michael Napier

Michael Napier Stunt Coordinator

I think I'll go ahead and get it then. I have heard about some ridiculous prices on eBay for that 5th disk. The way I understand it, I already have the contents of it on my 5th VHS tape. Not as good as a DVD, but I guess it will do.
    Mike