What's new

Question about accessing my Wega's service menu.... (1 Viewer)

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I'm relatively new to the whole home theater world. As you can see i'm VERY new to the Home Theater Forum as this is my first post. I'm hoping I can get some help with my tv.

I've got a brand new 24' Sony Wega. I'm using my Xbox for DVD viewing and it's hooked up with component cables. DVD's look very nice in my opinion but I have previously owned a 32's Wega that had the anamorphic squeeze feature and I recently heard of a way to "squeeze" almost any tv to achieve the anamorphic option. I know it involves the service menu and adjusting the height and width of your picture. So, my questions are 1) how do I access the service menu and is it a bad idea? 2) will a see an amazing difference just like it is seen with the larger wega's that perform the "squeeze" feature? 3) are there any problems or warnings that I should hear before doing such a thing?

Thanks a bunch for the help and info you may provide.

Dan

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
You may find this to be a pain to do every time you want to watch a DVD...
Here is some info:
http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh...html?KeohiHDTV
HEED THE WARNINGS on the service menu. If you screw up, things can get ugly. There are hundreds of service menu items. Make note of the value of anything you change BEFORE you change it. DON'T change anything if you don't know what it does... it's possible to screw up the picture so much that you can't see to correct a mistake.
On a 24" screen, you won't notice the difference as much as on a 32", since much of the difference is in the "tightening" of the scan lines. The 24" has smaller scanlines thatn the 32" to start with.
-Scott

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Thanks Scott. I have another question though. I read some of the information from your link but they don't mention the ability to access the service menu from the remote. On my remote their is a button labeled "input code". I figured this button could probably access those menus as well. Do you know if this is possible? If so that would be awesome to be able to enter the code and put the tv into the 16:9 mode so easily without having to push a button on the back of the set. :)
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks