1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about a Pioneer CLD-D504 LD player!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Norm Lalonde, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Stunt Coordinator

Just recently got this player off eBay.ca.

It plays fine and looks good.

Question: Were any of these players released with a built in RF demodulator for AC3 sound? This player states on the player itself "DD RF AC3 OUT". Just wondering if this means it's built in of do I still need an external demodulator.

Norm

2. Stephen Teffner

Norm: I have the same player and yes you need an external demodulator. That just passes the signal out but you need a demodulator to decode it (I think thats right). Anyway you can pick them up on ebay or post a wtb in the for sale section. There is usually a member or two who are trying to sell theirs. Good luck.

Stephen Teffner

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Norm, the RF demodulator is always in the reciever/pre or an external box. Having the demodulation in the player would be problematic. The RF would likely bleed into the other electronics and cause interference. MSB, a small manufacturer in Kalafornie, made (actully modified Panasonic players) a player, the MSB Silver, that had a "built-in" demodulator as an option, but the demod was in a little box attached to the outside back of the player. It's proably shielded to the extreame! That's the only exception to the rule I know of. Best wishes from Laserland!

4. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Stunt Coordinator

Ok, thanks guys. I kind of thought that I did need an external demodulator, but the guy I bought it from swore it was built in.

I'll keep my eyes open for an RF demodulator.

Norm