What's new

Questing Regarding Speaker Distances in Onkyo 601 (1 Viewer)

Sup HTF

Okay recently purchased the Onkyo 601 and I cannot stop raving about this receiver. It is absolutely B E A utiful! Been staying up longer than I do studying for tests studying the manual on this puppy. I want to know this thing inside and out. Besides explaining the basic principles of how to change the measured distance from your listening area to the speakers, it dosn't explain what this actually does. So what would one benefit by playing and tweaking this feature? What does the receiver do differently when I tell it that the speaker is 7 ft vs. 12 ft???

*edit MODS : I know the thread topic dosn't say much but I posted this in the RECEIVER section because it's about my receiver. Just wanted to post that b4 this was moved to the speaker section :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Michael,

That's alright, I edited your header to make it more clear.

The setting of the distances of speakers changes the timing (delay) to compensate for longer/shorter wave paths from speakers to your ears.

Cees

Cees,

Thanks for the reply. SO it only has to do with wave lengths and the delay of which the sound hits your ear? It as nothing to do with dbl. levels ??

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Michael,

As far as I know: no!
You can calibrate the sound level for each channel yourself.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks