What's new

Quest Q660 Tower Speakers (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Future Shop has a pair of Tower speakers, the Quest Q660's for $99. As I don't have much money (I'm only 16), but would like to add a couple more speakers for music, are these a good buy?

Steve*W

Agent
For $99 (Reg.$199) they aint too bad for music. Little low on the sound spectrum for my ears, but some customers like them. Listen to them and see if there worth your $99.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Thanks for the input.

:eek: I just checked the futureshop website... there's a sale on these for $39.97. Sale ends one the 27th. I think I may just get my hands on these.

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator
$40??? That's crazy!!! But they're all gone now :frowning: When did the sale start, was it online only?

I think they were clearing them out because of the Quest QT66 which are priced at $250 (but usually go on sale for less). The QT66 replaces the Q660, I think--well it makes sense at least...

JeffHunter

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

have a look at what Harman Kardon is clearing out in their JBL line ... ( http://www.harmanaudio.com ) ... you will be pretty impressed with the pricing of the refurb studio line speakers. :)

a little more money, but well worth the investment

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Jeff, those are some pretty nice speakers on the site. Two problems:

1) They're in $US, meaning even more pricey for me.

2) I can't rellay afford all that much, and my father wont buy them unnescesarily. We basically just wanted them to compliment our current setup. I'm thinking about splitting the cost of the new Quest ones that are up with him though...

Thanks for the link, though.

Oh, one more question. The new ones listed are 150W each. My reciever only puts out 100W/channel. Would clipping occur with this much of a difference? I'm not too clear on what it is (yes, I know, I need to read the primer), and I don't want to have to buy an amp for them.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Ugh, I just checked the Futureshop site again. The price of the OT660's has gona back up to $99, and they're in stock. Think I might get a pair at the price.

*EDIT* nevermind... he was just sitting next to a dropship as it was landing... and then he died... my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks