What's new

Quentin Tarantino's future flick: An airplane thriller! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
That's right guys and gals. After Kill Bill comes the Inglorious Bastards trilogy (That's right. 3 scripts have been finished) but after the IB trilogy comes the next (8th?) film from everyone's favorite director (mine at least) Quentin Tarantino: An airplane thriller!!

That's right. You can read all about in the article
A little disappointed he couldn’t find him a role in “Kill Bill” nor get the planned “Vega Brothers” off the ground, Quentin Tarantino has decided John Travolta will definitely be in his next picture. The renowned writer-director is in talks with Miramax to do an airplane thriller, with Travolta fittingly cast as the film’s pilot. Not unexpectedly, considering Tarantino’s love for the old classics, his film will have an Airport/Towering Inferno-like disaster story intertwined in it – in this case, the ultimate airline disaster. The flick, which Tarantino also hopes to have “Jackie Brown” lead Pam Grier co-starring in, is planned to happen as soon as he finishes work on his World War II pic “Inglorious Bastards”, which he apparently couldn’t find a role for JT in either. It’s in draft stage. And what’s the status of “Vega Brothers”? According to our scooper, it’s dead as a doornail – never to happen.
The flick will star John Travolta who apparently didn't fit any roles in KB or IB and will be costarring Pam Grier!! Many fans are speculating that Pam Grier may be reprising her role as Jackie Brown which would be awesome. This may be Quentin's great summer blockbuster flick. I could not be more excited!!

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
This is a red-hot thread! :)

What article is this quote from? I'd like to read the rest, if possible. I love the idea of Travolta and Grier working together in a genre flick.

It's too bad that the Vega Brothers is dead, because I bet that there are some interesting stories to tell in that universe. I'd much rather see a Vega Brother spin-off film than a sequel to Pulp Fiction.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Ooo... Pam Grier back as Jackie Brown? Seeing as it's still my favorite Tarantino flick, that's good news to me! :D:emoji_thumbsup:

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
No, not interested. They'll probably chop the movie for Part Two right as the plane gets off the ground. Eff that.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
They could chop it into 20 movies for all I care and I'd still pay to see every one.

Can't wait!

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
John Travolta actually has a pilot license...this should be interesting.

Bring it on Tarantino!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HDDVD Hunter
Recent bookmarks